Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Step Away From The Carbos Please, Sir

If I don't do something bout my food intake soon, I'm gonna end up like this:

(Sorry, Sherman...)

The flaps are really piling on now. Love handles developing. But no fear, I'm about to impart to you guys something I've been hearing about for quite a while now.

It's about carbohydrates and glucose.

Yer see... why do we exercise so much but don't lose any of the fat? If we don't lose the fat, it ain't any use right? cuz we're not losing the weight.

Now, a discussion about that in the office today posits that you could run a few kilometres a day and it wouldn't do you a spit of good in reducing your weight if you keep eating stuff made of carbos and starch.

It was at around this point that I said, "Tell me more".

My wise old colleague then went on to say that when we exercise, we need to burn something as fuel for all that exertion.

The Body (yours and mine, not talkin bout Elle), being the wonderful machine that it is, will always choose to burn the carbos first. Not the fat. Why? Cuz carbos are much easier to burn. When we exert ourselves during exercises , it's the carbo being burned, NOT our fats.

So. If we keep eating carbos (and being Asians, that factors a lot in our staple foods. Rice, noodles, bread, etc, etc, etc), we will have too much fuel for the body to burn and it won't touch the fat. Worse with our sedentary office lifestyles. Hard work me arse.

So how?

Well, now I'm gonna try something.

I am going to avoid all forms of carbos except for a light pastry or two in the morning. That means no rice and no noodles. Only meat and veggies. No potatoes, no pizzas, no pastas. That, and top it up with more exercise.

It's gonna be tough but hey, it's gotta be done.

I gotta do something about these clothes getting smaller.

3 Comments:

At 8:16 am, Blogger LonaDay said...

it def will work. i lost 4kg in one week.

then i lost the willpower :p

 
At 10:34 am, Blogger ElKay said...

hehe... I first day saja yesterday... tapi not many people are too supportive :)

 
At 11:58 am, Blogger LonaDay said...

youcandoityoucandoit
rah rah rah!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

html hit counter code
affordable web hosting